The 2014 FIFA World Cup LIVE TV Schedule Start Time USA UK & AU:
The FIFA world cup draw which was held in Bahia, Brazil was a big event and crucial for teams that will participate in the 2014 FIFA world cup. All the thirty two countries now know their fate and who they will be playing in the world’s most anticipated football tournament. Following the draw, television schedules have been announced and different television channels will be showing the matches live. BBC and ITV have announced their live coverage as well and have also released a schedule. ITV will have live coverage of England’s clashes with its group D members. If England makes it to the quarter finals, ITV will broadcast their game hence BBC will have first choice of broadcasting the semifinal match. Both BBC and ITV will broadcast the final match which will be on the 13th of July 2014.
Niall Sloane, the ITV sports director stated that he was pleased with how ITV has lined up the games. He said that ITV was looking forward to airing two out of three of England’s matches and two of Brazil’s as well. ITV would also air the opening match of the tournament which will be between the hosts and Croatia. This match will be played in Sao Paulo. ITV director also stated that ITV will broadcast two matches out of three in the group stages for the two most fancied Europe’s teams; Portugal and Germany. Other South American big teams like Argentina will also have two of their group stage matches aired live on ITV.
Meanwhile, Philip Bernie, TV sport head in BBC said that BBC will show England’s opening match against Italy and first crucial knock out match if England will proceed. The following is a complete guide on how the two broadcasting houses have scheduled to show the world cup matches: the opening match between host Brazil and Croatia will be live on ITV at 9pm on the 12th of June 2014.
- 13th June – Mexico against Cameroon on ITV, Spain against Netherlands on BBC, Chile against Australia on ITV
- 14th June – Columbia against Greece on BBC, Uruguay against Costa Rica on ITV, England against Italy on BBC, Ivory Coast against Japan on ITV
- 15th June – Switzerland against Ecuador on ITV, France against Honduras on ITV, Argentina against Bosnia on BBC
- 16th June – Germany against Portugal on ITV, Iran against Nigeria on BBC, Ghana against USA on BBC
- 17th June – Brazil against Mexico on BBC, Belgium against Algeria on ITV, Russia against South Korea on BBC
- 18th June – Cameroon against Croatia on ITV, Australia against Holland on ITV, Spain against Chile on BBC
- 19th June – Columbia against Ivory Coast on BBC, Japan against Greece on BBC, England against Uruguay on ITV
- 20th June – France against Switzerland on ITV, Italy against Costa Rica on BBC, Honduras against Ecuador on ITV
- 21st June – Germany against Ghana on BBC, Argentina against Iran on ITV, Nigeria against Bosnia on BBC
- 22nd June – Belgium against Russia on BBC, USA against Portugal on BBC, South Korea against Algeria on ITV
- 23rd June – Cameroon against Brazil on ITV, Croatia against Mexico on ITV, Australia against Spain on ITV, Holland against Chile on ITV
- 24th June – Japan against Columbia on BBC, Greece against Ivory Coast on BBC, England against Costa Rica on ITV
- 25th June – Ecuador against France on BBC, Honduras against Switzerland on BBC, Nigeria against Argentina on ITV, Bosnia against Iran on ITV
- 26th June – South Korea against Belgium on ITV, Algeria against Russia on ITV, USA against Germany on BBC, Portugal against Ghana on BBC.